Friday, July 8, 2011

Agility Update

We took a brief agility break and we both feel refreshed and excited to be back in class. Um, let me rephrase that, I'm excited to be in class while Marley wants to be inside where it is cool.

Our first activity was jumping in a circular pattern leading to a tunnel. No problem, I thought we like jumps. I failed to take into account these specific jumps all had wings. Yes, I crashed into each and every wing.

I regrouped and settled Marley at the first jump and I lead out a bit. Upon releasing her I noticed she looked at me and took off to her crate. It seems she was totally embarrassed by my klutzy behavior. I suspect she wants a new handler.

I've discovered if I spend some time thinking about what our results should be and I notify my feet and shoulders we do great.

We've started training the weave poles using the 2x2 method. So far we are progressing nicely.

No comments: