Monday, August 29, 2011

Woofstock 2011

We started the day by supporting Tina and Nanook who are finalists in the Beneful® WagWorld® Dream Dog Park Contest! They had two booths supporting their future dog park.


We picked up a yummy cupcake and a cool bandanna to show our support. We voted before heading to Woofstock.

In addition to promoting the contest they were recruiting volunteers and gathering support for a neighborhood dog park. The booth was packed most of the morning and I suspect the dog park has a lot of support.

Once Marley was properly attired and I checked out adoption row. They had a huge variety of dog rescue groups present. There were also two brave cat rescue groups there trying to find homes for kittens.


Marley scoping out the event!
Marley met a kindred spirit!

Winner of the 60's costume contest!

Winner of the best licker contest!
I'm always greatly amused that pit bulls tend to win this contest.

I always have a great time at this event and I learn a lot about dogs. The educational booths are fantastic. I also feel great knowing the funds raised at this event are going to four great rescue groups.
We missed some of the events due to the heat. However, I'm glad we managed to run into quite a few friends at this event.

This is our friend Shiloh.

No comments: