- how to approach an injured animal and how to check its breathing and pulse
- how to administer CPR and we were able to practice on a first aid dog doll
- discussed muzzles and why its important for your dog to be comfortable wearing one*
- practiced bandaging an injury on a leg and on an ear
- the first steps to take when you think your dog has been poisoned
- discussed disaster preparedness
There is still time to sign up for the next classes which are offered on May 16, June 20 and July 18th.
*Tip: All pets have the potential to bite when in pain or injured and it is best to place a muzzle on an injured pet. It was recommend we practice placing a muzzle on our pets that way when they are injured it does not become another stressor. She recommended starting slow and have play time immediately afterward.