I was just about in tears while I sat at the Emergency Vet wondering what to do with the ABC dog I evaluated the situation.
- The dog was very nice and mellow.
- His coat looked clean, he needed a good brushing.
- I didn't see any pests or obvious problems.
- He was fat which ment somebody enjoyeed feeding him.
- He knew how to walk on a leash, so he belonged to somebody.
- He enjoyed the drive in the car
I finally receive a call from somebody who can help. Border Collie Rescue of Northern California offered great advise. I am so pleased with the assistance they provided.
She advised advised me to do the following:
- Check Craigslist for lost dogs.
- If I was not sure about the dog, it was ok to keep him outside as long as he couldn't escape.
- I could take the dog to the county shelter the next morning and let them know BCRNC would pick him up after the stray time expired.
- She also advised me not to worry about him not eating, he was probably nervous and wouldn't be interested in eating.
The following day, I took him to the County Shelter and they told me they would keep him for 14 days if he didn't have a microchip.
He is a very nice dog and I hope he was just separated from his people and not abandoned. I keep wondering if I should have done something different.