Thursday, March 10, 2011

My dog is totally weird

I spent all day trying to give Marley her flea treatment.
As soon as she spots the little box she vanishes.

If I call her, I will not receive any response. I've offered her treats and she will not budge from her hiding spot. Eventually she'll get bored and slink out to see what I'm doing, if I acknowledge her in any way she splits.

Basically, I have to take the treatment out of the package and ignore her until she relaxes. I'll spend time trying to play with her while she scouts for the mediation. If I reach for her in any way she splits.

After spending most of the day hiding under my bed she will eventually slink out and hide under other pieces of furniture. Eventually I'll be able to grab her and medicate. She will glare at me and run away to hide.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm sure it is not normal to have a dog vanish completely on flea mediation day.

No comments: