Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Marley's Tally

One of the things I've always wondered about was how much does it cost to own a dog? If you check on the internet there are many websites that will provide you with an estimated amount. I'm quite skeptical when I see the numbers, I always want to know where did they come from?

For example when the cost of food is taken into account are they looking at grocery store prices, premium food or pet store prices. I guess they want us to believe those costs are averaged. However, when I first started to keep track I noticed I spend a fortune and my numbers just did not match any of the projected costs.

This is a project I started last year and I resolve to complete by the end of 2009.

In January so far I've spent:
$21.46 - Zukes treats
$6.00 - Primal Raw starter kit
$3.00 - Pig ears
$2.85 - Evo Duck canned food
$8.94 - Cat food
$42.25 - Total spent in 2 weeks

I hope by the end of 2009 I'll have a pretty good picture how much money is spent keeping Marley spoiled and happy.

The sites I've reviewed are:
Drs Foster and Smith
ASPCA

Raising Spot dot com

1 comment:

Mary said...

This is a good idea! I think I would like to keep track of something like this and see how it adds up at the end of the year! Thanks for the idea!