Sunday, February 3, 2013

Spring Already!

Wow, I can't believe its already February.  We have pretty much hibernated all winter;  Marley has enjoyed watching Doctor Who and playing indoor games.  The ground was saturated by huge storms that arrived in December, making outdoor training difficult.  Today was the first day I was able to wander about without  a coat and the ground wasn't squishy.
Marley enjoying a good roll in the warm grass. 

This week was our first week of agility class after our winter (weather) break.  Marley totally rocked the 270 turns, wrapping was smooth and clean.  She followed my cues and was right where I needed her to be, it was awesome!  So incredible...I signed us up for a fun match.  I have high hopes!

I also have high hopes that this is the year we conquer the dog walk.  We have worked on her end behavior and I believe she has finally figured out what I want when I scream TARGET!

I'm very excited about the fun match.  A couple of our agility friends will also be there and hopefully, I can find somebody to video our runs.  I only have two goals for this event the first is for Marley to ignore the distractions and not try to make friends with the pole setters.  The second is for me to plan our strategy and not forget it in the ring.  I'm so excited!

No comments: